[sword-devel] kjv2003: Jude ready, what's next

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:16:26 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> For example, in verse 1: 'the servant' should be tagged with DOULOS,
> even though there was no article present.  The translator chose to
> translate with a definite article and we can only mark what they chose
> to do.
>
> 'of Jesus' should be marked with IHSOU because it is in the genitive.
>
> 'to them that are sanctified' should be marked with hHGIASMENOIS as it
> has a dative plural present etc. form.
>
> Do these make sense?

Yes. I forgot to check the first verses after practicing.
The rest should be better already. If someone still wants to check,
don't look at the first ones until I correct them :)

> And yes, I would have split the direct article as you are doing, though
> I'm not sure it makes much difference, e.g. the blue car, tagged: 'the
> car' (with split).  and 'blue', right?

Yes, great. For the sake of consistency between different taggers this
might be good to append to guidelines, after all this kind of syntax is
very common.

  Sincerely Yours,
      Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko@paju.oulu.fi> Suomi Finland