[sword-devel] Reference format & betaX bug

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:23:19 -0700

At 01:34 PM 8/15/2002 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>Examples are at:
>
>http://www.crosswire.org/~chrislit/testlinks.html

I was trying the Sword link on that page and found that it will go to the
verse if the SWORD is running, but it won't bring it to the front and give
it focus. If it is not running it will load SWORD but not go to the verse.
but it will bring it to the front and give it focus.

This is a good feature. I don't remember hearing about it. It could be even
better if another feature was added. If there was a menu option to an
external document, perhaps personal.doc or personal.html, (whichever it
finds), users could create a set of personal documents that could link back
to the SWORD. A user could even make their Personal.html, .doc, to be an
index of other user documents. Or a user could just use it as a temporary
file for his latest project. Even better, if when the option to go to the
personal documents was selected, it would copy any highlighted text to the
clipboard first.

Jerry