[sword-devel] broken Gnomesword installation

Terry Biggs sword-devel@crosswire.org
11 Apr 2002 20:10:17 -0400

This need to go to the gnomesword list.
On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 18:07, Jorge Chacon wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As a perfect newbie to Linux and Gnome, I installed sword 1.5.3 and the
> latest version of Gnome-sword... without a hitch.

> It all worked, but I had not installed any modules, so I downloaded the
> module zip files, moved them to the directory according to the
> instructions, unzipped them... and everything got ugly.
>
> Now, when I try to run Gnome-sword, I get a segmentation fault error,
> which I think means I installed something the wrong way.  Unfortunately
> I do not have the expertise to un-install what I installed and redo it,
> or to fix what I have.
You should have a hidden directory '.GnomeSword' delete it and run
gnomesword again. It should start with the setup druid. Note if the
druid finds your modules.

Let me know what happens.

Terry