[sword-devel] expanding the Sword canon

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:42:48 -0800

It would be lovely to have a generic format that would handle any kind of
book, commentary, bible version, translation, paraphrase, or other
religious work in a similar way, whether it has versification or not, and
whether it has its own alternate order or not (though still preserving what
lines up with what for those that do).  In my opinion, the more the
merrier, whether I agree with it theologically or not.  I really do like
having all the so-called "heretical" works (whatever that may mean) around
for reference, in case I need to refer to them to talk to someone else who
disagrees with me theologically!  ;o)  I'm certain we can all think of
books that fall in that category though many of us will not agree what they
are, so this message is carefully worded to not razz on anyone in
particular!  ;o)

Dave