[sword-devel] expanding the Sword canon

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:38:37 -0000

Hi Chris ......

On 23 Nov 2001, at 20:00, Chris Little wrote:
> we may want to set up a mechanism by which books can be re-ordered so that,
> for example, the Catholic deuterocanon can be placed between the OT & NT.

The Catholic RSV has the additional complete books between the
canonical Hebrew books and the NT, but the additions to Esther etc are
carried where they come in the LXX.  Also, we need to know where we
are going with regard to the different versification schemes that are
around.  For instance the NJB would be far easier to re-do correctly if the
LXX versification could be used - and of course the LXX itself, which there
is no doubt that the apostles used, normally follows the versification used
in Jerome's Vulgate, and most Catholic editions.

God bless,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church homepages).