[sword-devel] beta 1.5.2 WIN32 binary available

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:35:54 -0700

> I discovered later this afternoon that removing the module's corresponding
line from the [TextView] section of layout.conf solves
> the problem.
>
> So my ideas now are that installing or updating a module could set the
line in that file to "true", removing a module could remove
> the line from the file, and should remove the directory, and that
Sword.exe should check that the .conf exists before reading the
> modules description from it.

I agree it should remove the line when uninstalling the module.I noticed
this bug a while ago, but forgot to report it. I think the problem occurs
because no check is made to be sure the module is still installed and when
it tries to show it sword crashes. I was hoping to look into this once I got
some other things done, but Troy will probably get to it first since he is
familiar with that area of the code, but if not I can check it out.

David