[sword-devel] beta 1.5.2 WIN32 binary available

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:58:17 +1200

> > For FinPR, The letter after "Phy" in the modules description
> > "1938 PhyZ Raamattu" appears as a black block.
>
> I think that's a Z with a breve, a high ascii character that has a
> tendency to cause problems.  But hey, that's the module name, what can
> we do?

Just noticed it, so thought I'd mention it.

> > I think that InstallMgr should remove the directory,
>
> I agree, but it's not a critical bug for the 1.5.2 release.  This would
> never have been apparent except that we've started moving modules around
> as they change to new drivers. MHC, JFB, LXXM, & BHS all used to be raw
> modules and are now compressed.

Error occurs when simply uninstalling a module too... see below.

> > and that
> > Sword.exe should not include modules that it can't find a
> > .conf file for.
>
> I'm confused by that.  Shouldn't a .conf be the only way it knows to
> display a module?

I'd have thought so, but apparently not (Note I'm only talking about the dialogue that sets what is visible in the tabs). If you run
Sword.exe, right click on the modules tabs, and select "Hide / Show Modules" and click on OK, then qit Sword, remove the .conf, and
the files from the modules directory, or get InstallMgr to Remove the module, then run Sword.exe and "Hide / Show Modules" again,
then you get an access violation.

I discovered later this afternoon that removing the module's corresponding line from the [TextView] section of layout.conf solves
the problem.

So my ideas now are that installing or updating a module could set the line in that file to "true", removing a module could remove
the line from the file, and should remove the directory, and that Sword.exe should check that the .conf exists before reading the
modules description from it.

Is the layout.conf file used only by Sword.exe or do other front-ends use it too?

Does InstallMgr use a single compiler source for many OSes?

> Yep.  There should be a file called lxxm.doc in the LXXM directory.  But
> we'll work on a nicer mode of presentation for the next version, akin to
> what Logos & BibleWorks do for their Morphological databases.

What do they do?

Stephen Denne.