[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary with schemes

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:52:17 -0700

> The display of Hebrew has altered...
> A different font is used for verses prior to the current verse, and for
the
> rightmost letter of hebrew words in commentaries the first time the
> commentary displays an entry containing Hebrew. Everything else is shown
in
> code2000 (even after removing the font= line from the .conf)
>
> The display of Hebrew still alters the word order in a line depending on
> whether the displayed verse is selected or not.

Hmm. This started with color shemes? What module is that? I need to look
into it.

> The font sizes look like they are being altered/scaled incorrectly. For
> example, chosing small fonts, size 6 - the text appears quite different
from
> the size 6 small font. (It looks more like small font 4 doubled). I'm
> guessing that this is because the size is used as a "base size", and the
> various displayed pieces (verse numbers, chapter titles, footnotes, etc)
are
> sized relative to the base size, however, it appears that the text is not
> shown in the text size chosen, but in a larger font. (Size 8 of small
fonts
> is generated by doubling the size 4 bitmaps - which looks terrible.)

> Is it possible to chose a font size to use for each part (verse number,
> text, footnote, chapter title, etc)?

you are right everything is based on the one font size. I need to work on
this. The advantage is not giving the user so many controls that they get
lost in the mess of font sizes for this and that. If everything is
porportional to the main text size things seem to look ok. Except when using
smaller text sizes. I may make 8 or 10 the smallest text size you can
choose.

> There appear to be some parts that can't be resized. e.g. verse texts at
the
> start of each entry in the MHC module.

These are mixed up with verse numbers. I need to seperate each module type
still in that area

> I always feel like my emails could be taken the wrong way, as my skills
are
> in the testing/debugging area, which usually results in bug reports and
> feature requests. So this time I'll add:

No problem. I would rather get one email from you and others here and try to
resolve those issues rather than a hundred from those outside this list with
the same complaints. Thanks for the feedback. It looks like I have a lot of
little things to do still.

> Fantastic work, I really appreciate the huge amount of work that has been
> done. I know how hard it is to come up with a design that is intuitively
> clear and easy to use, feature packed, and able to be customized, and yet
> still able to be coded.

Thank You

In Christ,
David Trotz