[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary with schemes

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:44:19 +1200

The display of Hebrew has altered...

A different font is used for verses prior to the current verse, and for the
rightmost letter of hebrew words in commentaries the first time the
commentary displays an entry containing Hebrew. Everything else is shown in
code2000 (even after removing the font= line from the .conf)

The display of Hebrew still alters the word order in a line depending on
whether the displayed verse is selected or not.

The font sizes look like they are being altered/scaled incorrectly. For
example, chosing small fonts, size 6 - the text appears quite different from
the size 6 small font. (It looks more like small font 4 doubled). I'm
guessing that this is because the size is used as a "base size", and the
various displayed pieces (verse numbers, chapter titles, footnotes, etc) are
sized relative to the base size, however, it appears that the text is not
shown in the text size chosen, but in a larger font. (Size 8 of small fonts
is generated by doubling the size 4 bitmaps - which looks terrible.)

Is it possible to chose a font size to use for each part (verse number,
text, footnote, chapter title, etc)?

There appear to be some parts that can't be resized. e.g. verse texts at the
start of each entry in the MHC module.

I always feel like my emails could be taken the wrong way, as my skills are
in the testing/debugging area, which usually results in bug reports and
feature requests. So this time I'll add:

Fantastic work, I really appreciate the huge amount of work that has been
done. I know how hard it is to come up with a design that is intuitively
clear and easy to use, feature packed, and able to be customized, and yet
still able to be coded.

Stephen Denne.