[sword-devel] SWORD / THML incompatibility

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 02:01:06 -0800

> Ok, so <scripRef>1Ti 0:0</scriptRef> will point to the
> introduction and
> not the whole book?

Correct.

> Umm, I think I have to parse it anyway. Actually I can't see
> how this is
> going to work.
> For example in the notes, sometimes you just have say "6:7",
> if it is in
> the same book.
> And if it is a single verse, it just says "v. 7", or a range
> "vv. 7-9".
> I've even seen "here;"
> to mean the current verse. Now I wouldn't
> want to corrupt the original text by changing say "v.7" into
> "1Ti 6:7".
> That's
> why the "parsed=" seems very important because it allows me
> to specify
> that plain
> old "v. 7" really means "1Ti 6:7". Unless of course Sword is
> so smart it
> understands
> these NIV Study notes conventions.

You don't need "parsed=1Ti|6|7|6|7" (or whatever it would be) for that,
use "passage=1Ti 6:7".

I think Sword is smart enough to recognize "6:7" as [Current book] 6:7,
but "v. 7" would probably be interpreted as [Current book] 5:7.

--Chris