[sword-devel] Creating sword modules

Chris sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:58:55 +1100

>If there's some hope that we would eventually be able to unlock it
>(including the possibility that someone starts selling Sword modules
>commercially) then I would feel comfortable posting it.  To me, that
>means that the primary copyright holder must be the only copyright
>holder.  In other words, no other Bible software publisher like Logos,
>Parsons, etc. should have created copyrightable content within the text
>if we plan to post it (even locked).

Well this text came from an old BibleSource program, published by
Zondervan, so I guess that's good news.

Has there been direct contact with any of the publishers? I would have
thought that a lot of them would be happy to have people selling their
product. There seem to be a lot of bible programs on the market that
must have done a deal with them.