[sword-devel] Creating sword modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 23:46:06 -0800

> >I guess we could add it to the set of locked modules if you want to
> >submit it.  Depending on where you got the text though, perhaps not.
>
> Under what circumstances would you accept it as a locked module?

If there's some hope that we would eventually be able to unlock it
(including the possibility that someone starts selling Sword modules
commercially) then I would feel comfortable posting it.  To me, that
means that the primary copyright holder must be the only copyright
holder.  In other words, no other Bible software publisher like Logos,
Parsons, etc. should have created copyrightable content within the text
if we plan to post it (even locked).

--Chris