[sword-devel] Copyrighting The Bible? sue Christians?

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:45:39 EDT

--part1_da.b663190.28bdb153_boundary

In a message dated 8/28/2001 9:29:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org writes:

> It has come to my attention that false rumors are circulating, in
>   both oral and written form, that the NIV is soft on sodomy (that
>   is, homosexual sins). The alleged reason for this is that some
>   NIV translators and editors were homosexuals or lesbians. These
>   charges have no basis in fact. Thus they are simply untrue. And
>   those who make such false charges could be legitimately sued for
>   libel, slander, and defamation of character.

He would have a very hard time winning such a case!  Because those who hold
the KJV as the "preserved," not inspired, word of God have the right to
compare all other translations with the KJV.  (Whether or not you agree with
their position, it is their right to hold it.)  And based on this analysis,
it could be stated that the NIV is soft on Homosexuality.

The scriptures say:

Romans 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place
unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the
Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:
for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 Corinthians 6:6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to
law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world
shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain
to this life?
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to
judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you?
no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one
with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer
yourselves to be defrauded?
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

If you compare this "gentleman's" frame of mind to the word of God, he falls
short!  And this is evidence of a corrupt and reprobate mind.

Mark Thompson
http://www.pa-wordoffaith.org

--part1_da.b663190.28bdb153_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/28/2001 9:29:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,