[sword-devel] Re: Gnomesword...what am I doing wrong, more info

Jesse Jacobsen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:30:04 -0500

On 08/14/01, Jesse Jacobsen wrote:
> [strider:~]$ gnomesword
> Building GnomeSword interface
>
> gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf is not initialized, please call gconf_init before using GtkHTML library
>
> aborting...
> Aborted

> I don't use Gnome apps much anyway, so I can't say if anything else
> is not working.

OK, apparently the Gnome web browser "Encompass"
(encompass.sourceforge.net) also requires GtkHTML.  It starts up fine.
The version of GtkHTML I'm using (from Debian Sid) is 0.11.1.
The version of gconf is 1.0.3.

Thanks,

Jesse

--
Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.

1024D/2E3EBF13 Jesse Jacobsen (Grace, Madison WI) <jmjaco@home.com>