[sword-devel] STEP modules

Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:41:04 -0700

> > Was 2.0 ever released?!  Anyone know where to get it?
>
> I don't think it was ever released.

Bummer.

> I think the lookup scheme would likely be fairly straightforward - why
> don't you try to dump a STEP Bible and see what you come up with?
> There's a free NKJV at ftp://download.parsonstech.com/demos/qnkjo.exe.

Thanks for the URL!  This is the module against which I've been testing
the stepdump utility.  I wanted to post the URL on the list to everyone,
but couldn't remember where it was.

All that said, The stepdump utility uses the Viewable.idx file which
sequencially displays all viewable chunks in the module.

I believe the Sections.idx file will give us something more useful for
jumping to, at least, the correct chapter, then we can scan for the
verse.  But I'm thinking the 2.0 spec has to provide for a verse
offset:size entry somewhere.  Anyway, thanks again for the URL.  Anyone
know why Parsons can actually publish that URL?  Did they receive rights
to release a free NKJV STEP module?  If so, when this driver is done,
we'll have, at least, one more modern translation that is freely
available.

	-Troy.