[sword-devel] STEP modules

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:28:48 +1000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> >         If anyone can save me some time, please point out in the docs where I
> > might find info on Bible specific modules.
>
> OK, I've exhausted all my options looking for info on Bibles in STEP
> format.  The only thing on our mirror of the BSISG site is a "Preview of
> Bible support in 2.0" or something or other.  It doesn't say anything
> technical except that the DETAILS will be published in the final spec.
> Was 2.0 ever released?!  Anyone know where to get it?

I don't think it was ever released.

> PS.  I think we have enough info to, at least, process a STEP Bible and
> index it ourselves.  And we probably could even _guess_ at a lookup
> scheme without the 2.0 spec.  But wanted to do it right if we could...

I think the lookup scheme would likely be fairly straightforward - why
don't you try to dump a STEP Bible and see what you come up with?
There's a free NKJV at ftp://download.parsonstech.com/demos/qnkjo.exe.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear