[sword-devel] new frontend: SWORD PQA

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:50:26 -0800

I have a new frontend (kind of) in testing.  For those of you lucky enough
to have either a Palm VII or Omnisky with a Palm V, Visor Platinum, or Visor
Prism, I threw together a PQA (Palm Query App).  It's basically a Palm-ized
version of the web front-end at http://bible.gotjesus.org and
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/bible/ and relies on my server at
bible.gotjesus.org being up to work.  The PQA currently available at
http://bible.gotjesus.org/Diatheke.pqa but still needs to have certain
Bibles expunged from its list because they aren't in a final state or
require unsupported fonts.

It is indescribably cool to be able to access anything at all from SWORD's
library of texts, wherever I am (provided it has sufficient CDPD network
coverage :)

I plan to add better support for reading (ie next/last chapter links) as the
frontend is now primarily of use just for doing lookups/searches.

--Chris Little