[sword-devel] porting sword to the Palm

Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:57:23 -0700

Drew,
	I use your software on my palm with the free KJV text.  I got a palm at
javaone a year back with the intent on porting code to it.  I got gcc
set up on my box to crosscompile for the palm and even compiled a few
test programs, but never ported any of our software.  I believe we are
modular enough to pick and choose parts of our software to move to the
palm, but I just haven't had enough time to look into it.

	Anyway, all that to say, I like your software and would love to
colaborate.  My thoughts for OliveTree would be the same as I had with
Logos.  Since you give your software away for free anyway, I don't see
any down side to opensource.  We don't have any desire to sell
copyrighted texts, but would love to allow our users to pay for them and
use them if they wish (which is where you seem to make your money), so
it seems to me to be a good fit.

	-Troy.