[sword-devel] PDAs / SA1110

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:42:56 -0800

> After browsing some docs, I found out that STL is completely absent.
> I'm afraid a PocketPC version with this compiler would require a rewrite
> of a BUNCH of code.

I agree that it would be worthwhile to cut down lots of the code and
optimize for space for a PDA version.  However... I also ran into this: STL
Adaption for Windows CE 3.13.  The description is:

Adaptation of STL (Standard Template Library) based on SGIs STL, version
3.13. This adaptation works with both SH3 and MIPS Microsofts compilers
(included in Windows CE Toolkit).
Note: Requires Visual C++ 5.0 and later, and Windows CE Toolkit for Visual
C++ 5.0 and later.

It can be downloaded from http://users.iol.it/g.govi/stl_wce.zip.  Since
it's just source code, I think there's a chance it will work wellon the
ipaq, though it was written for WinCE 2.0/2.01 and SH3/MIPS.  Then again, I
have no idea what I'm talking about since I haven't even fired up MS
eMbedded Visual Tools yet.

My ipaq should arrive Tuesday, but it will be a long while before I get
Linux on it since I don't have a serial cable and can't find any for sale.

--Chris