[sword-devel] Visual C++ Borland C++

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:21:46 -0700

To compile the latest GUI you will need C++Builder 5.  You may be able
to get away with using Borland's free compiler available from their
website, but I have not tried it.  It is the same (or actually newer)
compiler engine as CBuilder 5, so it should work, but you will not be
able to WYSIWYG build anything new, it'll have to be by hand (which you
should be used to if you use VC++ :) ).  Hopefully, I'll get time to try
out the free compiler soon.

I have it in good report that we might have a VC++ build system complete
soon (Thanks Todd!).

You should be able to build the API with (almost) any ANSI compliant C++
compiler.  It's the specific frontends that you will need whatever
compiler they where done in to compile.  If you are planning on writing
your own apps from scratch, then you shouldn't have a problem using
CBuilder 3, or soon, VC++.

	Hope this helps.

		-Troy.

PS.  There is plenty of work to be done on the SWORD engine, so if you
are just interested in helping the project.  Please use whatever
compiler you are familiar with! :)