[sword-devel] Gnomesword problem

Kevin Brannen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:35:13 -0600

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried that after receiving your message. No
> change.
> I su'ed to root.
> Did /sbin/ldconfig. No change.
> Did /sbin/ldconfig -nv /usr/local/sword/lib  No change.
> It gave me the result of libsword.so => libsword.so
>
> I still get the same error message when attempting to run Gnome Sword.

Hmmm, I would have thought that would have fixed it for you.  You can also try
putting that dir on the end of your  LD_LIBRARY_PATH, e.g.:

prompt$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/sword/lib
prompt$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I'm assuming bash or ksh, if csh, you'll have to change to setenv.

HTH,
Kevin