[sword-devel] modules for debian

Fri, 01 Dec 2000 14:56:55 -0700

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> A script should be written to convert tarball -> deb.  If there is a
> shortage of space at crosswire, the tarballs can be fetched, converted,
> and installed by the script by the user.  If there is no such shortage,
> then the script could at the very least make life easier for the archive
> maintainer.

No shortage of space.

debs would be great.

Currently we have a servlet:
http://www.crosswire.org/servlet/SwordMod.Verify

that takes 2 parameters, eg.

modName=BBE&pkgType=win

currently pkgType can be raw (.zip file) or win (.zip file with
setup.exe inside for windows users)

if someone wanted to add a pkgType=deb, that would be wonderful!!!  You
will find the source code under the CVS module: jsword

Let me know if you have JSP / servlet / Java / jsword questions.