[sword-devel] Re: compressed drivers (was: modules for debian)

Fri, 01 Dec 2000 14:48:17 -0700

Daniel Glassey wrote:
> P.P.S. sorry for not getting back about it earlier, I'm hoping to start
> looking at the compressed module stuff asap.

You should check out the latest stuff from CVS.  I've been mulling over
the drivers and think I'm really close.

I've added a first attempt at a write interface to zText.

There is now a mod2zmod utility (sword/utilities/mod2zmod.cpp) that uses
this write interface.  It doesn't work yet.  It seems to just sit there
spinning its wheels.  It was too late for me to try to debug the other
night.  One piece of missing code is the logic to determine if we've
crossed boundaries (chapter, verse, book, etc.)  There is a shell for a
bool method zText::sameBlock(VerseKey *key1, VerseKey *key2).  If you
want to finish this, that would be wonderful!

Last night I had an idea for how to implement the write interface for a
RawLD (Lexicons and Dictionaries) (something we'll need for the
compressed version of these) and started that.  I guess I should finish
one thing before jumping to another...

Thanks for your code!  Before, I just integrated it without paying much
attention.  Since, I've had the time the review and it looks great!

	-Troy.