[sword-devel] Project Leaders

Craig Curtis sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:06:22 -0500

I was just wondering who was in charge of the various Sword projects.
I'd like to be involved.

Also I have several questions:
Is there any need for porting Sword to other compilers on Windows.
I think it would be nice if Sword were built to work with the SDK, so any
windows compiler (commercial or free) could be used.

Also, how about the need for a scripting language (like Python:-) extension
to Sword.  This would be really cool, cuz Python works on any and every
platform.  It should be relatively easy to create a Tk interface similar to
the current GUIs.  Also, the user could write ALL kinds of scripts to
perform queries or create neat little utilities based on the Sword library.

I suppose a Python implementation would cover PCs DOS(console)/Windoze,
Macintosh, Unices, and WinCE.

Anyway, these are my 2c...

Thanks,
Craig