[osis-core] Re: USFM to OSIS mapping: Next Steps (last steps)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 5 22:21:02 MST 2005

Jim_Albright at wycliffe.org wrote:
> The <hi type='emphasis'> and <hi type='acrostic'> seem to be out of place.

That makes sense to me (that they are out of place). (Apologies if I
suggested either of these.) There is a situation in Lamentations, where
the acrostic letters appear to occur before every line. Something that
can occur within a line, like <hi> or <seg>, makes better sense here to
me than <title>. <title> makes good sense in Psalms, but not
Lamentations (just my opinion).

> hi types:
>
> acrostic
> bold
> emphasis
> illuminated
> italic
> line-through
> normal
> small-caps
> sub
> super
> underline
>
> All other types describe format to apply to a segment. <hi
> type='emphasis'> is not italic. It is emphasis.
> Will these work? yes.  <seg type'emphasis'> seems more logical if you want
> to make it a type on something and not <emphasis>.

Or <emph>, as in TEI, I believe. But given the schema as it is (2.01 or
2.1pre), I would probably use <hi> without a type to encode generic
emphasis.

--Chris