[osis-core] osisRefWork

Patrick Durusau Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org
Tue Oct 12 03:47:39 MST 2004

Guys,

In the users manual we have the example:

<osisText osisIDWork="CEV" osisRefWork="Bible" xml:lang="en"
canonical="true">

and explain osisIDWork and xml:lang but sorta drift over osisRefWork by
talking about names of reference system we reserve, etc.

Seems rather confusing to me.

Suggest the following:

probably need to show it explicitly</p>

Suggest the following on osisRefWork

Every <hi rend="bold">osisText</hi> also needs to specify what reference
or versification system any <hi rend="bold">osisRef</hi>s within it use.
In the case of the Contemporary English Version, that would be the NRSV
(New Revised Standard Version). The following is a list of names for
reference systems to be used in OSIS documents: (insert list here)

At present the schema default to Bible but that is not really meaningful
given the number of 'Bibles' and their variant versification schemes.
Since it is 'optional', removing the default will not break any extant
documents.

Thinking it would be better to give guidance for the most common cases
and not the edge ones in this manual.

I probably won't have time this week but we could throw in an appendix
with work defintions for the major systems that we do name.

Comments/suggestions?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick.Durusau at sbl-site.org