[osis-core] Question on: General Defaulting Mechanism

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:14:51 -0700

Patrick,

//*[@osisID] differs from //*/@osisID in that the first would be all
elements that have an osisID attribute and the second would be all
osisID attributes who have a parent element.

Because all attributes must be a child of an element //*/@osisID is the
same as //@osisID.

The argument for //@osisID is that it is simpler while //*/@osisID is
the same form as //GI/@osisID (//div/@osisID) and would be less
confusing from that perspective.

We could just allow both forms but I think we should stay away from
predicates if we can.

(Yes I meant element name not attribute name below.)

maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

> with the model:
>
> 	<xs:complexType name="workPrefixCT">
> 	<!-- path must be: //GI/@attributeName -->
> 		<xs:attribute name="path" type="xs:string"
use="required"/>