[osis-core] lang inheritance....

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:41:04 -0700

Steve,

We can say in prose that you can't put xml:lang on a milestone container
but we would have to leave the attribute on the element because they are
used for both milestones and traditional XML containers.

May I suggest that for the cases where quotes are of different languages
from the XML hierarchy AND the quote container is milestones, that we
suggest that people add in <seg> elements to carry the xml:lang
attribute in conjunction with the other elements in the XML hierarchy.

This is consistent with standard XML/xml:lang behavior.