[osis-core] <catchWord> can't be a child of <div>

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:54:22 -0700

Patrick,

> Why are you using <catchWord> here? The element is designed for use
> primarily in notes or paragraphs in notes where there is a word or
> phrase from the text to which the note applies.

At Calvin, we decided (though I don't recall all of the details) that
commentaries were, at the most basic level, <p>'s and could have
<catchWord>'s if necessary.  We contemplated having to add <catchWord>
to <p>, only to realize that's where it was allowed in the first place
for notes.

That said...

>> I don't think we should force the addition of a <p> element.
>> osisRef="1Tim.1.1@s[Paul]">Paul an apostle</catchWord> - Familiarity is
>> to be set aside where the things of God are concerned.  According to the
>> commandment of God - The authoritative appointment of God the Father.
>> Our Saviour - So styled in many other places likewise, as being the
>> grand orderer of the whole scheme of our salvation.  And Christ our hope
>> - That is, the author, object, and ground, of all our hope.</p></div>
>> <catchWord> can not be a child of <div>.
>>

>> Should we add <catchWord> as a child of <div>?

Todd,

It seems like this _should_ be a <p> to me.  Most commentaries I've seen
have the catchWord heading a paragragh and distinguished
typographically.  But I can conceive of presentation in which the
catchWord is like a title, on a separate line, outside the paragraph of
annotation.  I don't think it constitutes a title in those
circumstances, and it could be represented by a separate <p>.

--Chris