[osis-core] <catchWord> can't be a child of <div>

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:54:48 -0600

Patrick,

We said that we would use <catchWord> in cases where the text being
"annotated" was "quoted" and that the reference on <catchWord> would
have to be contained by one of the references in annotateRef.

In the case I used as an example each verse is individually treated by
one or two sentences in most cases.  The use of the annotateRef
attribute at the level of granularity of the text seem obvious (an
annotateRef for each element that contains the annotation of the
individual verse).  I choose to use <div> as the containing element
because these are not necessarily paragraphs and the use of
type="commentary" also seems appropriate and was not available on <p>.

As a result I ended up with <catchWord> as a direct child of <div>.

Do you think I should have encoded this text differently?

Father.
> > Our Saviour - So styled in many other places likewise, as being the
> > grand orderer of the whole scheme of our salvation.  And Christ our
hope
> > - That is, the author, object, and ground, of all our hope.</div>
> >

> > I don't think we should force the addition of a <p> element.
> > osisRef="1Tim.1.1@s[Paul]">Paul an apostle</catchWord> - Familiarity
is
> > to be set aside where the things of God are concerned.  According to
the
> > commandment of God - The authoritative appointment of God the
Father.
> > Our Saviour - So styled in many other places likewise, as being the
> > grand orderer of the whole scheme of our salvation.  And Christ our
hope
> > - That is, the author, object, and ground, of all our
hope.</p></div>
> > <catchWord> can not be a child of <div>.
> >

> > Should we add <catchWord> as a child of <div>?
> > Todd

Note
> >>that the users manual is very rough and I have included the XML
source
> >>along with an HTML rendering.
> >>
> >>Suggest that if you have changes to the users manual, send me XML
that
> >>conforms to the TEIxLite DTD so I can paste it in more easily.
> >>
> >>Schema has some cleaning up to be done, but I have redone the osisID
> >>Type to use the list mechanism Todd suggested for osisRefs. Should
be
> >>backwards compatible on that score.
> >>
> >>Couple of things to look for in the docs.
> >>
> >>1. Should we drop discussion of fall-back on resolving references?
Not