[osis-core] Schema: type on language

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:01:54 -0700 (MST)

Patrick,

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> > Cliff's notes version:
> >
> > Change "LINGUIST List" to "LINGUIST".
> > Add "other", "IANA", "IETF".
> >

> done and done.

One more problem.  (Following further thinking,) "ISO-639-2" is ambiguous.
There are 30 or so languages with two different ISO 639-2 codes, one
called "bibliographic" and the other "terminology".  They're usually
referred to as ISO 639-2/B and ISO 639-2/T.  Our first option is to say
everyone should use one or the other and pick for them ourselves.  The
other option is to replace "ISO-639-2" with "ISO-639-2-B" and
"ISO-639-2-T" (or similar).

> >> Assume role is just xs:string? We don't try to enumerate?
> >
> > I say enumerate whenever possible.  All the values I could think of
> > were: original, translation, interlinear, quotation, didactic, source &
> > target.  I make no claim to those being exhaustive, but there's always x-.
> >

> OK but be aware that on date it is "eventType" since we had already used
> type.
>
> We have used osisLanguage for the enumeration of types.
>
> Will put in the attribute name as languageUsage (does that capture what
> you are looking for?), in the release later today. That will be the
> union of osisLanguageUsage and the attribute extension.
>
> Look for it in 1.9.3.

Sounds good to me, will check out 1.9.3 as soon as I get home and off this
horrible cell connection.

--Chris