[osis-core] quotes

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:06:07 -0700

> Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>
>> OK, let's try this from another angle.
>>
>> I believe many of us are on very different pages with our idea of the
>> VALUE/USAGE of the <q> tag.
>>

>> First, does everyone feel this is a valid encoding?  And if so, how
>> would everyone RENDER the encoding?

>> if you don't, I'm gonna tell!</q>

(Besides what Patrick wrote:)

Mary yelled at her sisters, 'Mom said, "Go to sleep now!" And if you
don't, I'm gonna tell!'  (more of a British style)

and (turn on your mental HTML renderer)

Mary yelled at her sisters, <i>Mom said, "Go to sleep now!" And if you
don't, I'm gonna tell!</i>  (a not-uncommon style)

I don't think anyone disagrees with you that these are valid to mark
with <q>.  But go ahead.... :)

--Chris