[osis-core] osisCore.1.9

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:11:10 -0700

>> I can encode, but think it is against the OSIS 1.0 goal of PROVIDING
>> mechanisms to allow at least mainstream Bible publishers (of which
>> Lockman is probably in the top 3) to encode their Bible, using:
>>
>> <milestone type="x-p" />
>>

> Why is this contrary to allowing them to encode their Bible? I have not
> seen the underlying code but assume that from the manner in which you
> describe your encoding, they have chosen another hierarchy other than
> book/chapter/paragraph. That is a legitimate choice but is at variance
> with our decision to make other hierarchies give way to that one.

Patrick,
	I did not say that this was 'contrary to allowing them to encode their
Bible'.  I said that it was 'against the OSIS 1.0 goal of PROVIDING
mechanisms' for them to encode their Bible.

	However, this is the worst case that I said I could accept for now.
So, if this is indeed the will of the group, I will use the 'punt'
mechanism of 'milestone' and 'x-' for this regular occurrence in my Bibles.

	-Troy.