[osis-core] 18. Alphabetical List of Elements

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:00:43 -0500

Guys,

As a help to encoders we have an alphabetical list of elements in
Section 18. Proofing it against the schema I noticed that milestoneable
is not listed.

Since that is really schema machinery and hopefully not something
introductory users will need to understand, that should not appear in
the list, correct?

They will need to know how to use the milestoneable elements but they
should not have a reason to need to understand the mechanism that makes
it possible.

On that list I am thinking about putting a 3-4 word definition for each
one. Maybe say milestoneable? Might be more useful to point at the
section of the manual that covers that element. Don't remember if
Sebastian's TEI stylesheets do the index element in TEI very well or
not. May be my chance to find out. ;-)

Suggestions on the short def versus reference to the appropriate section
of the manual? (Actually I would like to have two lists, one with the
short def and a second with the pointer into the manual. Often I only
need a couple of words to remind me what the element is for and that
could be useful. Problem is my experience is not that of beginning
encoders so the latter might be more appropriate.)

Hope everyone is having a great day!