[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 14:09:45 -0700

Todd,
	I understand the problem and I think we all feel there needs to be a
solution.

	BUT, I think we've decided the PROBLEM is fragmentation of OSIS
documents, NOT what to put on a milestone.

	You are proposing using milestones as the SOLUTION to the fragmentation
PROBLEM.

	I would suggest that the fragmentation problem exists with or without
milestones, and we need a solution for both semantics of tagging.

	Once that solution is in place, then we will be able to go back to the
single 'mID' attribute, so the proposal was just to drop the 'mS', 'mB',
'mE' attribute suggests, and go with 'mID' NOW, and work on the
fragmentation problem later, since its solution (whatever that may be)
will validate our choice for 'mID'.

	Does that make sense?
		-Troy.