[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Wed, 28 May 2003 15:15:29 -0400

Troy,

This is the fragment issue. It is tough sledding and if anything, I
think we need to address it in August, assuming we can be ready by then.
Let's mark it as know issue.

For the moment, I would say from an encoding standpoint that when you
use the mID, you have to use matching elements with the same value for
mID. Ducking the issue of querying b/c of the fragment question.
Answering that requires a lot more than simply matching the milestone
element.

Note that Todd's proposal is not an answer either since getting mS or mE
does not answer the question either. I need to know what mS that an mE
is pointing towards, not merely that they match, since they could be all
over a text. Now we have the encoder using different attribute names and
pointing to other values, i.e, not the element they are on. Easier to
off load this problem onto the application and not the encoding. see for
example: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-fragment for how the W3C treats XML
fragments.

Patrick