[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 11:59:34 -0700

ok, I know replying to myself is a little wierd, but after further
thinking....

I understand the POSSIBILITY that there may be an excerpt with a start
or end quote.  We probably should allow it.  If someone wanted the last
10 verses of Jesus' Sermon On The Mount, I'd expect it to end with a </q>

BUT I still don't think we should allow a milestone without it's
start/end counterpart.  That's like saying we'd allow </q> without the <q>.

I think we need to be hard and fast about the rule I stated earlier.

So, thinking further.....

If I wanted to encode an excerpt that started in the middle of a quote
and contained the end of the quote.....

How would I encode it????

Let's not even think milestones here.  MILESTONES should not ADD
functionality... Like providing the ability to solve this problem....

Would something like this be valid:

<q type="continuation">....</q>

dunno the best way to solve it, but it should be solved the same whether
using an XML container or a milestone.

	-Troy.