[osis-core] New milestone use of elements

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 11:40:48 -0700

Patrick,
	I think Todd would argue that with mB and mE you know if you have the
end or the beginning milestone.

	And I was arguing early (against both of you, I guess), that if we say
that the rule is:

	OSIS milestone semantics are exactly identical to their container
counterparts.

	Then it seems it would be an INVALID OSIS excerpt that only included a
start or an end milestone.  Patrick, I do realize that it would be
XML-valid, but NOT OSIS valid, if indeed the above mentioned rule was in
effect.

	So I guess, in conclusion....

IF ((this indeed is a rule) AND (we concede that the excerpt would be
invalid)) THEN
	I am in favour of 'mID' instead of any combination of 'mB', 'mE', 'mS'.

	-Troy.