[osis-core] Extending the Schema

Thu, 15 May 2003 14:18:00 -0400

Todd,

Several posts ago you mentioned needing to extend the OSIS schema. What
sort of extension were you trying to perform?

We can extend the present schema by appending elements to existing
content models or adding attributes. Can also do union and restriction
of simple types but I suspect that is not what you are after. With the
substitution group we can replace the entire content model but that
would require a complete re-write of the schema, and not to mention,
inconsistent extension of it. Not necessarily saying no, but would like
to know what sort of extensions are needed before picing a final route.

Hope you are having a great day!