[osis-core] Cross-refs in <title>

Wed, 14 May 2003 05:14:55 -0400

Todd,

An improved best practice for cross-references in <title>:

    <title type="section">The Preaching of John the Baptist
    <title type="cross-ref"><reference
osisRef="Mark.1.1-Mark.1.8" type="parallelPassage">Mark
1.1-8</reference> <reference osisRef="Luke.3.1-Luke.3.18"
type="parallelPassage">Luke 3.1-18</reference> <reference
osisRef="John.1.19-John.1.28" type="parallelPassage">John

Note the addition of the second <title> element to wrap the <reference>
elements.

Reasoning that since we allow <title> to occur within <title> to allow
the separate styling of sub-titles, which structurally is what the
cross-references are, this allows imposition of separate styling or even
suppression of the cross-references.

Apologies for not seeing this yesterday.

Sounds like we have a lot of material to cover in Dallas!

Is anyone keeping an agenda of technical issues? (I may have some cycles
this weekend to harvest the posts since last November but just to be
sure, feel free to send you list of personal favorites (with proposed
solutions if you want to help us move more quickly)).

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!