[osis-core] allowing "short" as a <title> type AND removing divTitle

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:31:14 -0400

Todd,

Just plowing through mail so .....

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

>All,
>
>I have not heard any responses to my plea to remove divTitle on <div>
>and sanction the use of <title type="short"> or what every <title> with
>or without a type attribute is appropriate.
>
>Should we interpret silence as acceptance of the proposal?

Silence = acceptance? Hmmmm, a tactic used by some corporate interests
in standards committees. ;-)

Actually I would say there has been a lack of discussion rather than
tacit agreement.

I think you make a good case to drop the attribute divTitle since the
title element does take the type attribute. Note that titles can nest so
if you want multiple sub-titles, say in another language, you could
insert those as well and choose the display based the type attribute or
xml:lang.

So, with that brief comment, I would say that I agree with your position.

Comments from anyone else?

Hope you are having a great day!