[osis-core] Request for OSIS "unofficial" DTD

Kirk Lowery osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:47:01 -0400

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

> It is not unavoidable, but likely.  It is possible to create a
> schema-conforming document in Microsoft Notepad but the environment does
> not help you stay on the straight and narrow path.

Yes, which is why I'm looking for something as an alternative to my
usual XML authoring tool: Emacs+psgml.

> I would expect that the DTD would lead to the correct nesting of
> elements but attributes with regexs and possibly things with enumerated
> "type" attributes would be problematic.
>
> What OS do you use?

Linux (Debian) is preferred, and is the primary OS of my network here,
but if there is software that I *must* use, then I have a couple of
Win2k boxen. That will become more problematic as time goes on, for I
will not ever be upgrading to XP, and software for Windows will become
more problematic just like applications for Win95 is today. My laptop
is dual boot.

That's why Topologi is attractive; it's a java application, working on
both Linux and Windows....

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.
Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiss und nichts klappt.
Praxis ist, wenn alles klappt und keiner weiss warum.
Bei uns sind Theorie und Praxis vereint:
nichts klappt und keiner weiss warum!