[osis-core] Request for OSIS "unofficial" DTD

Steven J. DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:14:09 -0400

At 2:40 PM -0400 6/5/03, Kirk Lowery wrote:
>Patrick (and Steve),
>
><hoping_not_to_be_asking_for_a_lot>
>I recommend that for each major release of OSIS, that automagic
>utilities be used to also generate a corresponding DTD. Why? Because
>there's not much XML software out there that handles Schemas (e.g.,
>my preferred environment -- emacs psgml mode --  does not). Until
>there's better general schema suppport in software generally, having
>a DTD can help OSIS be used more broadly.
>
>I recognize there may be content model problems, and that the DTD
>might have to be tweaked after generation. That's why I don't
>suggest it be done for every point release, but certainly for the
>main releases.
></hoping_not_to_be_asking_for_a_lot>

I found a convertor that does everything else *but* this at
http://xml.coverpages.org/Trang200301.html
It will convert between most anything, except that it won't take
schema as input to convert to other things.

Sun apparently has a tool, though, at
http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2001-10-17-b.html, that will convert xml
schema into relax/ng; so piping that into the one above should
theoretically do it..... anybody up to giving it a try?

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.derose.net
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net