[osis-core] Work Issue

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:52:12 -0500

Todd,

I am gathering up all the stuff for another run at the Work issue and
wanted to ask you if this is a good common starting point:

<osisText osisIDWork="kjv1612">
    <header>
        <work osisWork="kjv1612">
         lots of metadata
        </work>
        <work osisWork="nrsv1988">
         lots of metadata
        </work>

Now, without rewriting the example to give me your solution, which I
appreciate but have yet to find helpful, please tell me what is
ambiguous about the osisIDWork="kjv1612" reference in osisText? Note I
am not asking about osisRefs or multiple reference systems, or anything
else, yet, just on this one point, what, if anything, do you see as
ambiguous about this reference?

BTW, I see osisWork="kjv1612" as tying any reference to that value by
osisIDWork, to the entire set of metadata that appears in <work>.

Do not confuse this with the issue of needing a common set of <work>
elements that have a well known osisWork value that we have produced for
various popular bibles to promote interchange of texts.

I am trying to get all the notes, etc. I need together to make a mad
dash at the user manual so comments, suggestions, samples, would be helpful.

Once we finish the users manual, I guess we need to gather up some more
sophisticated documentation for maintenance and extension of the schema.
Sigh, it is always one thing or another. ;-)

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps