[osis-core] XMLSpy Question

Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:00:58 -0700

Patrick,

> Todd,
>
> I don't know if anyone else is using XMLSpy but thought I would post
> this to the list.
>
> I am working on the OSIS Users Manual and decided to try to use XMLSpy
> for something other than documentation.
>
> OK, so I choose osis as my root (does not default to the root element
in
> a schema?)

There are several possible root elements based on our schema since most
elements are defined so they can be used by reference.

> then choose osisText, which then keeps displaying osisCorpus
> as a possible sibling of osisText? That is not how I intrepret choice.
> In other words,

Which view are you using to create/edit your document, the "text" view
or the "enhanced grid" view?

Where are you seeing "osisCorpus as a possible sibling of osisText"?

If you are looking at the "schema design" view of the actual schema then
they can be shown as siblings within the choice branch under "osis".

> <osis>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> </osis>
>
> OK.
>
> <osis>
> <osisCorpus>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> </osisCorpus>
> </osis>
>
> OK
>
> But,
>
> <osis>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> <osisCorpus>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> <osisText>
> </osisText>
> </osisCorpus>
> </osis>
>
> NOT OK.

When you "validate" the documents you have above (using the green check
button) the results with XMLSpy are consistent with the schema.  (The
first two are valid if you add in the required <header> and <work>
elements.  The third is not valid because you have both an osisText and
an osisCorpus under osis.)

> I checked the schema and it is quite clearly a choice, either osisText
> or osisCorpus and the children of osisText are header and div in that
> order (sequence).
>
> Am I missing something here?
>
> Patrick

Does that help any or just fog things up?

Todd