[osis-core] whitespace

Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:09:13 -0600

Troy,

It seems the concept you are wrestling with is how to preserve the white
space, indentation, and line breaks in a text element.  I think the best
answer is to preserve the meaning by replacing the presentation related
information (white space, indentation, and line breaks) with markup.

It also seems that you may be trying to find a balancing point between
manually encoded/edited richly marked up documents and auto-generated
documents from source texts that do not provide all the necessary
information to generate high value markup.

I think in the END the cost will be lower if we retain a high standard
of quality.