[osis-core] osis1.1 about to leave the station!

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:04:20 -0600

Kees,

Embedded quotes do force the use of a "splitID".  It is possible to have
the following embedded quote:

It is only when a <q> is "interrupted" due to other elements (<l>
elements in Ps) that we use "splitID" to indicate that several <q>
elements would have been encoded as a single <q> element had it not been
for the overlapping hierarchies.

I am beginning to prefer the use of milestones for longer quotes, over
using <q> elements that are split.  Both are acceptable encoding
techniques within the schema.

Todd