[osis-core] Last Schema from Spain! - <seg>

Wed, 29 May 2002 15:57:44 -0700

Patrick,

Ah, yes, I see now that it was just commented out.

I was using seg to mark emphasized text since we lack emph.  For that
purpose, it could be used just about anywhere that we can put CDATA.
But perhaps a real emph element would be preferrable to using seg since
seg hampers interchange.  Alternately, we could provide some standard
seg types.

I was also considering using it to mark the authorship of a pentateuch
according to the documentary hypothesis, which would require that it
have next/prev so that it can cross hierarchy boundaries.

--Chris