[osis-core] verses

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:28:54 -0400

It seems to me there are two very different notions of what <verse>
means floating around. If I understand Patrick's comments corerctly,
<verse> just means poetry. You don't need to use <verse> if a section
of the bible is not poetic. You could have a whole book of the bible
without <verse> elements. <p id="Jude.3">Dear friends, although I was
very eager to write to you...Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and
Lord.</p> (But then where do you hang the id for verse 4?)

If I understand others correctly, they were thinking that <verse>
is intended to be a container for verses of the bible, in the book-
chapter-verse sense. This was also my assumption, and that <linegroup>
is used for verses of poetry.

-harry