[osis-core] IDs and pointers and refMarks, Oh My!

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:28:54 -0400

Troy et al,

My thinking on IDs and pointers at this point has all the clarity
of used motor oil. I'll try to work it out a bit.

Let's say we have Augustine's Confessions, which has 13 books,
each book several chapters, and each chapter several sections. Let's
say we somehow have specified conventional IDs for referring to this
work like the following: Book 10, chapter 3, section 5 is X.iii.5.

How do I say that an element is Augustine's confessions X.iii.5?

    says that this is augustine.confessions?

How do I say that an element is a _commentary_ on Augustine's confessions
X.iii.5?

annotationType="commentary">?
  [if this isn't proper osisPointer syntax, sorry...]

What else do we need to do?